Democracy Research Institute (DRI) was founded on February 7, 2018 by Ucha Nanuashvili the former Public Defender of Georgia (2012-2017) and his team.
Democracy Research Institute is a public policy think tank that aims at:
1. Promotion and protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms;
2. Establishment of the transparent and accountable governance system based on the rule of law and human rights;
3. Support to the establishment of free and fair elections and development of democratic institutions;
4. Support to the establishment of free and fair society;
5. Support to the protection of human rights in conflict-affected regions, restoration of trust among parties and promotion of integration policy;
6. Development of the civil society;
7. Support the European integration policy.
In order to achieve the abovementioned goals, the Democracy Research Institute:
a) Cooperates with national and international organizations and other partners;
b) Carries out advocacy campaigns for the protection of human rights and documents human rights violations;
c) Carries out educational activities;
d) Elaborates policy documents to present to state institutions and international organizations and other partners;
e) Monitors fulfilment of state’s international (human rights) commitments;
f) Monitors elections at all levels and participates in international monitoring missions, etc.